India was chosen for several reasons:
- According to recent research, India has over 26 million orphaned children. This seems to be highest number for any country in the world. The total number of children in India in the year 2001 was 339,198,000. Of this figure 7.8% of children were considered orphaned, which came to 26,416,000.
- It is estimated from various sources that there are from 13 to 16 million children between the ages of birth and 14 living on the streets.
- Recent research shows that nearly 50% of all children living in India are physically and psychologically abused and there are very few, if any, programs in India teaching parents how to raise their children with love.
- Since visiting India in 1989, Louise has always wanted to do something for the children without parents, families or homes. The reason…she visited numerous orphanages and was appalled at the way the children were treated and the conditions in which they lived. The children had medical and dental problems, were dressed in rags and ate a lesser quality of food than the founder.
- It was discovered also that most private orphanages borrow children when guests from foreign lands are scheduled to arrive. Once the guest leave, the children return to their respective families and the founder lives in lavish quarters and buys personal property with donated money.
Why not the USA?
- Louise has a heart for India and the need is much greater than in the USA.
- In the USA, laws and programs are in place that provides care for children. The few that are in place in India usually are not enforced.
- The children in the USA live in at least 100 times better conditions than the children in India and other third world countries
How will Love Humanity be able to make a difference for more than just a few children in India?
- Once Love Humanity has completed the pilot Family Home and it proves to be successful, additional homes will be opened, first in Nagpur and then branching out as funds allow to other cities.
- Love Humanity will work with other NGOs to train trainers to train teachers so they can begin teaching individuals how to care for children and then possibly open and oversee the management of individual homes for the children.
- Love Humanity intends to develop a community type setting where the severely neglected, abused and/or orphaned children can live and heal from the traumas in their young lives.
What is Love Humanity doing to insure that the Family Home will be duplicable?
- Monitoring and accurate records are kept during the development of the pilot Family home. Operations guidelines are continually updated
What will the Family home look like?
- This depends upon the location. In the city, it most likely will be a flat, but in the country, it may be a bungalow. Each location will large enough to house a family of 6 children and a married couple. It will be according to the living standards in the city where it is located. It will have a kitchen, drawing room and ideally from three to four bedrooms so there will be two children per room and one room for the parents.
What is the long-term vision for Love Humanity?
- The long-term vision is to create as many Love Humanity Homes throughout India as money allows. In addition we intend to train other NGOs so they can duplicate the Model. After this, we intend to expand to all countries in the world where the need to create loving family environments for abandoned and orphaned children exists.
Is Love Humanity a religious organization?
- No. Love Humanity serves those of any race, creed, caste or religion.
How do I see where my money is spent?
- Keep visiting our web site and upon request, an annual audited accounting will be provided.
What is Love Humanity’s corporate structure in the USA?
- Since Love Humanity’s work at this time is in India only, it was decided in April, 2004 to become a nonprofit project under the umbrella of the National Heritage Foundation (NHF), a tax-exempt organization under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (c) (3). By coming under NHF’s umbrella, you can give in confidence knowing that our books are audited every year and that we are legally registered to raise money in every state in the United States.
How do I learn more information about National Heritage Foundation?
What is Love Humanity’s structure in India?
- Due to some unforeseen circumstances, Love Humanity
is being restructured as a charitable trust. Our documents
have been filed and we are awaiting our registration
number from the appropriate authorities.
In what ways may I participate to help Love Humanity?
- Invest in the lives of children with your financial gift.
- Start a Love Humanity chapter in your city for friends and fund raising.
- Host an event to raise awareness and funds.
- Give of your products or services.
- Agree to sponsor a child by paying all or part of his/her monthly expenses of $42.00
- Agree to sponsor a married couple to be the parents of six children for $75 per month.
- Agree to sponsor a childcare assistant at $50.00 per month.
- Volunteer your time in the USA and/or in India.